This is the page that allows you to download and install the AkWarm 2
Home Energy Rating software, owned by the Alaska Housing Finance
Corporation. Analysis North is on contract to the Cold Climate Housing
Research Center to upgrade and maintain AkWarm.
More information concerning the software can be
Here is a Detailed List of the Changes implemented in each of the AkWarm 2
Software Requirements and Installation
- You must have Microsoft Word version 2003, 2007, or later to view
and print out the Improvement Options Report.
- Your operating system must be Windows XP or later.
If you are using Windows XP, your installation must have at least
Service Pack 2 installed. To install the most recent Windows XP
Service pack, go to the
Windows XP Service Pack 3 web page.
- Click the button above to download the setup
program for the AkWarm 2 software. After clicking the button you may
be able to directly "Run" the setup program or you may be forced to
save it to your hard drive. If you save it to the hard drive, you
should then "Open" the saved file or double-click it to start the
- For some computers, the installer will first install the Microsoft
.Net Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (SP1), which could take as long as
40 minutes on slow Internet connections. All installations of future
releases of AkWarm on your same computer will not require this
lengthy process and will install quickly.
- After installing the software, you should have an icon on your
desktop to run the software or you can find the program in the
"AkWarm" program group under the start menu.
Here is a Link to a Video that explains how to set up Usage
Schedules for equipment and building spaces
in the Commercial version of AkWarm.
Older AkWarm Releases
Below are links to the installer software for older versions of AkWarm 2.
If you wish to install one of these versions, you must first manually
uninstall your current AkWarm software by using the Windows Control Panel.
Then, run the installer software for the desired older version.
Please see the What's New in AkWarm 2
page for descriptions of the new features present in each of these AkWarm
- Version 2.8.0 Beta (Sepember 7, 2017) and Final (September 27, 2017)
- Version 2.7.1 (March 28, 2017)
- Version 2.6.1 (August 12, 2016)
- Version 2.5.3 (March 10, 2016)
- Version 2.4.1 (April 1, 2015)
- Version 22.214.171.124 (December 17, 2014)
- Version 126.96.36.199 (December 9, 2014)
- Version 188.8.131.52 (April 16, 2014)
- Version 184.108.40.206 (September 24, 2013)
- Version 220.127.116.11 (July 1, 2013)
- Version 18.104.22.168 (August 14, 2012)
- Version 22.214.171.124 (May 29, 2012)
- Version 2.1.4 (February 27, 2012)
- Version 2.1.3 (December 21, 2011)
- Version 2.1.2 (September 7, 2011)
- Version 2.1.1 (August 1, 2011)
- Version 2.1.0 (July 11, 2011)
- Version 2.0.6 (Apr 6, 2010)
- Version 2.0.5 (Sep 23, 2009)
- Version 2.0.4 (Apr 10, 2009)
- Version 2.0.3 (Mar 20, 2009)
Here is the link to download the original AkWarm 1.03d release.
Please report any comments regarding the software to Michael Spencer at